I'll take my next Army Physical Fitness Test in October. So today I gave myself a little test to see where I'm at. I didn't do it in a similar setting to the real thing. I'll do that later in the month, but I timed myself doing push-ups and sit-ups and then got on the treadmill to see how fast I could do two miles.
I haven't really been focusing on training for the APFT, other than my increased running. So I was happy that my other work-outs enabled me to do 33 push-ups in two minutes and 83 sit-ups in two minutes. As for the running on the treadmill, I did two miles in 17:48. I am pretty sure that would have been slower outside, but still better than I've ever done it in the past.
This next week, I'll start focusing more on push-ups, sit-ups, and doing some sprint work to help my run times. It's a difficult lesson to admit, but consistency with fitness really does pay off. For so many years I just did what I needed to the last two months before the test. That worked OK, but it really was a dis-service to myself and my health.
Onward and upward!
No comments:
Post a Comment