Saturday, January 28, 2012

A little late...Slim in Six results

Very, very late posting this, but I finished the Slim in Six program just before Christmas and things have been a bit hectic with the holidays and traveling since then.

This program consists of three different workouts plus an ab and stretching routine. You do the same workout six days a week and do the abs and stretching at least three times a week. Every two weeks, you move to a more difficult workout. I enjoyed the workouts; however, doing the same one every day, day after day get old. I think that's why I didn't do as well with Jillian Michaels' program early last year. But why I did enjoy Ten Minute Trainer so much. I need variety!

That being said, this program will help you get slim. Lots of core work and moves that focus on hips, thighs, and glutes...all my trouble spots. And the arm workout is pretty nice, too.

I think I would have done much better if it weren't November and December when I was doing this. I gave into some of my temptations over the holidays. Between Halloween and Christmas candy, I definitely over-indulged. But the good news is that I still lost weight overall and I know I improved my stamina.

So here were my results at the end of the six weeks (21 December 2011):

Weight: 138.2 (-3.2 pounds)
Body Fat: 25% (-1%)
Body H2O: 54.4% (+0.9%)
Body Muscle: 37.5% (+0.6%)
BMI: 22.2 (-0.6)
BMR: 1397 (-15)
Waist: 27.0 inches (-0.75)
Hips: 36.75 in. (-0.75)
Chest: 30.0 in.(-1.0)
Bust: 34.0 in. (same)
Thighs: 22.5 in. (-0.5)
Arms: 10.0 in. (-0.25)
Neck: 13.25 in. (same)

And the fitness test results:
Resting Heart Rate: 60 bpm (same)
Vertical Leap: 12.75 in. (+1.0)
Push-ups to muscle failure without pausing: 48 (+3)
Toe Touch: 3 inches past toes (+2 inches)
In & Outs to muscle failure without pausing: 46 (+26)
Wall Squat: 2:21 (min:sec) (+41 seconds)
Bicep Curls to muscle failure without pausing: 41 with 10# weights (+15)
Heart Rate Maximizer: 174 bpm; 95 bpm three minutes later

My core probably gained the most strength, which is what I really need. I've had off and on lower back pain for as long as I can remember. Once the Army sent me to a physical therapist who recommended a bunch of REALLY BORING exercises that focused on the muscles of my back and abdomen. I couldn't will myself to do it every day. So happy to have found fitness programs that I enjoy and that work.

Slim in Six is a great program for women and men looking to get started on the right track with weight loss. The diet plan is very straightforward and the workouts can be modified if you just aren't capable of completing some of the moves. Keep pushing play and you will improve.

I'm ready to move onto something more challenging. Time to kick it up a notch with P90X in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment