Well, I made it through Phase I of P90X. I would give myself an A for sticking with my workout schedule and a B- for staying on track with my nutrition. I completed all the workouts and only had a handful of days that I didn't do them on schedule. If I missed one, I made up for it on another day. I either doubled up and did two workouts that day or did the workout on my rest day. And I got a few run days in as well. Feeling great about my half-marathon at the end of April. If all goes well, I have a good shot at getting maximum points on my next Army PT test as well.
As for food, I eat well the vast majority of the time. However, there are days when if the chocolate or the sweets are present in the house, I indulge...and that usually means over-indulgence. It's a work in progress to only eat one piece of candy or avoid the bread at a restaurant, etc. When I'm at home or even when I go to the grocery store, I make good choices, really good choices. When the Valentine's Day candy showed up or when my adorable daughter wanted to make cupcakes for her class, temptation won. I don't believe in never enjoying certain foods. It should all be in moderation. But moderation is still a problem for me. So that will be my daily reminder during the next two months.
As for results, I did lose two pounds this first month and I am definitely getting stronger and better at pushing myself during each workout. Yoga X is my least favorite. Mainly because it is 90 minutes long and I am not flexible. But I push through that as well. Plyometrics and Core Synergistics are fun and I also enjoy the strength training workouts. Phase II introduces two new workouts and I'm excited to check those out next week.
The month of March will be a challenge for me to get my workouts in and keep my diet in check. Next weekend I will be visiting my family in Pittsburgh and my best friend in Virginia for a week. Then I spend a week in an Army course in Maryland. P90X and Shakeology will be in my suitcase. I may not get every workout in, but I'll be active and can't wait to see several friends and family during the trip. Now if only Cesar and Amelia could join me. But they will get some valuable father/daughter time without mommy for a couple weeks.
Congrats on finishing Phase I! That's a great accomplishment. Sounds like you've got a plan for your trip, too. Have a great time!
ReplyDelete