Thursday, February 24, 2011

Frustration continues....

But it's OK!  This last week was tough.  I could blame it on the holiday weekend, but that wouldn't really be fair.  I didn't have to eat the schnitzel and spatzel noodles...but come on, I was enjoying a nice meal in the Black Forest of Germany!  I didn't have to enjoy an ice cream cone with Amelia the next day (I did at least pick the lowfat frozen yogurt), but seriously, you can't watch a 3 year enjoying one without joining in on the fun. 

No matter how much I want to lose these last 10 or 15 pounds, I know I can't forsake all the pleasure of food for the rest of my life.  What's frustrating right now is that in spite of the fact I kept to my workout schedule religiously, I actually gained two pounds!  It's not like I became a glutton for days on end.  I ate well for the rest of those days and before and after.  I'm fairly active when I'm not stuck behind the computer at work and again, these workouts are fierce.  Yet, here I sit with no tangible results after 24 days. 

That's not completely true, I do have a new found resolve to stick with this.  I won't let work stop me from my routine even if that means I forsake some of the ways I used to spend my free time.  I love seeing Amelia jumping around me as I do jumping jacks, trying to pick up my dumbbells, rolling around my body ball, and telling me to go faster on the treadmill.  I know that I'm setting a good example for her and hopefully instilling the habit in her at a young age.

So I have less than a week to go on this 30 day plan.  No miracles are going to happen, but hopefully I'll lose that pesky two pound gain and see a difference in my measurements.  Then I'll just change the name of my blog and create a new longer term goal.  Since the PT test is coming up, I'm going to start a running program, but still incorporate circuit training into two days each week.  The program I'll use is one my squad did together in Iraq.  It worked great back then when I was 10 pounds heavier so I'm confident that if I stick with it for the next two months at least my APFT score will improve.  I'll probably also make an appointment with my doctor.  I've been doing a lot of reading about the effect hormones have on weight.  I had an underactive thyroid last year and she started me on some medication.  I'm wondering if the dose wasn't strong enough...or maybe some other hormone is out of whack.  Doesn't hurt to check. 

Time to get some rest...I know that's important, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment