So I've been at this for 16 days now and I must admit I am frustrated. This is the first diet and exercise plan that I've been on where I'm not actually losing weight, but I do see a difference in how my clothes are fitting and my energy level. So I know what I'm doing is good for me, but there is no satisfaction when I look at the scale.
I haven't been perfect, but my few transgressions in regards to diet shouldn''t have completely offset all the sweating I've been doing with the workouts. My husband calls me crazy because I've been getting up earlier than normal and even fitting in the workouts later in the evening if work or family obligations delay things. I'm proud of that and I feel confident that I'll stick with it even after 30 days. I really like these workouts. They are tough but they remind me of CrossFit, which I enjoyed when I tried in briefly in Hawaii. And they aren't all about running, which I hate. Unfortunately next month, I really do need to start pounding the pavement more because the Army Physical Fitness Test is right around the corner in April.
What's aggravating to me is that this book talks about it being a great plan for someone looking to lose the last stubborn 10 to 20 pounds. That is me! I think the part Jillian left out is that this plan will get that weight off...but it's going to take more than 30 days. Or maybe it's the diet. I decided pretty quickly that there was no way I could eat the exact diet laid out in the book. Jillian talks a lot about the science behind weight loss and how what you eat affects your metabolism, hormone levels, etc. So maybe the reason I'm not seeing the results she claims is because my breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner aren't the exact combination she proposes. I just have a hard time believing that because I'm still eating based on her general recommendations for my metabolic type and my calories consumed are right around what's needed for weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week.
I'm not going to change much for now. I'll just keep plugging along for another two weeks and see what my end results are. Then I'll switch things up a bit to add more running (ugh!) to my routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment